The LiveSlides® Kits provides a great way to examine liquid samples with Easi-Scope Digital Microscopes. Collect a liquid sample from a pond, stream, or other source in a collection bottle and use the eyedropper to put drops on the slide for close observation.
The LiveSlide® Explorer Kit comes with 2 LiveSlides® plus one 20 ml collection bottles with eyedropper to prepare the slides for observation.
The LiveSlide® Classroom Kit comes with 6 LiveSlides® plus two 20 ml collection bottles with eyedropper to prepare the slides for observation.
How to use LiveSlides®:
- Each LiveSlide® set contains 3 pieces, the base slide and a pair of coverslips, all of which are reusable.
- The 2 coverslips are different thicknesses. One is very thin, perfect for high magnification. The second is a bit thicker for all applications.
- Each coverslip has a thin plastic film on each side for protection, one green and one clear. Remove both films by either peeling the film off or using a small piece of tape on the corner and lifting. Discard the films.
- Gather your collected specimens.
- Place the desired number of specimen droplets in the wells on the base slide.
- Gently place the coverslip over the culture well.
- Place the LiveSlide® under Easi-Scope and enjoy exploring the magnified world.
- Rinse with warm water. Let it air dry. After drying, store for future observation.